Hope..

Hope..

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The new beginning..

So I’ve begun with my new life…..so different from the one I used to live, almost a striking contrast in several ways. A change is always fun and refreshing, also tests one’s level of adaptability and patience. Its definitely not easy…….i can vouch for that.
We are six people living together….me, my husband, his younger brother and two of the students who are under our care ( Anandji helps a lot of talented students in all possible ways). Ohhh ! that’s just five..
sixth is the head of the family…..the “boss”…..thats our dearest dog “Bhownku” , called so because he would rarely bark. But then its said “barking dogs seldom bite”.
People who know me from my pre-marrriage association, would be surprised at this. I was one of those people who are shit-scared of dogs. To this day when I live with one, touching him, holding him close, I’m still the same person.
Perhaps what helped me accept him was his innocence, the way he’d look up at Baba and me, wagging his tail, rubbing himself against my leg and so on.
The way he left his 52 acres of home to live with us within a confined 17oo sq yards space at the fourth floor of an apartment building helped me empathise with him, cos I had left my home to live in new situation, with new people in a new city….
Donning the role of a mother to these 3 boys and Bhownku, here I am !

No comments: