Hope..

Hope..

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Rude food story......

Its enough ! its been a month and half of deprivation and I’ve decided to revolt. I have been forbidden from eating everything that used to be my food till I landed up here……so no breads, no magi or noodles, no cornflakes even, no biscuits, jam , butter or ketchup…..no pizzas ( buhuuu..huuu…) no burgers, no chips or wafers, no cakes and pastries…..
Its just pure “satvik” bhojan all the time. I’m tired of it all! Wanna break free now. At least I’m free to have anything for lunch ( cos I have it in office, so no policing like the one at home). Unfortunately the office canteen doesn’t offer me much of a choice. Those same sandwiches and burgers everyday, without any variation. But as long as its bread, no complains! The black forest is actually good. So I’ve been indulging myself secretly these days. Coming to office, I wish the coffee and tea vending machine was closer still, so that we didn’t have to use the access card everytime we needed water, tea , coffee or for that matter even use the restroom. So much for the high security zones!
The only advantage ( or disadvantage ) of the office is that there is no way one can be aware of the weather outside. Irrespective of time, every hour looks the same. However, office does provide a better option than home in terms of comfort, cos nothing less than air-conditioned office could beat Delhi’s heat, specially when there’s no escape from persistent power-cuts during the day at home. The evenings are fairly better, so stepping out of office in the fresh air is actually quite welcome. And then begins another story altogether…..battling with vegetables in the kitchen, keeping a ready stock of supplies, etc….
Anyways, getting back to the rude-food story, there’s this huge shopping mall just a stone’s throw from my office….. actually mid-way between my home and office. One can find the best of the food outlets there…all the pizza huts, Mc Donalds and a couple of coffee bars and ice-cream parlours as well ( my fav baskin robbins too!) Only if I had some good company, cos food, however good it is, doesn’t taste the same when you are alone. Good food tastes best when shared…..so am hoping some of my friends will find some time to splurge on food with me.
Till then, its just “satvik bhojan” for me. Don’t worry my fav junk foods…...here I come..very soon!
Mission junk food begins with me smuggling in a pack of banana chips to office…..so its right here in my drawer and I can munch on it slowly while I work as well…..howz that?

No comments: